Monday, May 17, 2010

Nine days Nice

I'm taking a little vacation time from work. This is day 1, and I've decided to get my tasking out of the way first. I've cut the grass and weed ate the yard. I use a manual reel mower for grass cutting. It is just as easy to push as a non self propelled gas mower, uses no gas, requires minimal maintenance and does not spew burned and unburned hydrocarbons into the air. One drawback, however, is that it does not cut any grass or weeds longer than say, 6 inches. I use the electric weed eater for that. My 3 year old son enjoys helping me push the mower on occasion which is pretty safe since every time we stop pushing, the blades stop turning.

He and I rode through town and over to the "Kid's Castle" playground at Old Fort Park. This is connected to our Greenway system as are 2 other playgrounds. The kid has it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment