Thursday, July 1, 2010

More Bike. Less Couch.

Just wanted to say it.

Riding to the in-laws to cut their grass I passed a young couple apparently walking to the laundromat. The lady was at least 100 pounds overweight. As I passed she shouted "oh, _that's_ not dangerous!". As if riding on the road obeying traffic laws were a death defying feat. I guess she does not consider heart disease and diabetes dangerous.

New "skinwall" 700c x 28 Panaracers on the bike:



I liked the reflective sidewall of the old Armadillos but with 4500 miles on them, they had to go. Installing the Pasela tourguard tires was my first experience with folding tire installation. I am not a fan of the install process. My thumbs are still sore.

I am quite proud that I ride the bike more than I drive the Miata. I would like to eventually convert it to electric.

No comments:

Post a Comment